Monday, August 1, 2011

145 and counting

I can not believe it is August first! And that day is almost over......The year is way over half over! Where did it go? Christmas is 145 days away, can't believe it! I am so far behind on many projects! I hope to get those caught up within the next couple weeks! I guess I am a procrastinator! I just don't understand sometimes how time flies and I get farther and farther behind! I guess I will just laugh it off.

Last night after I got home from work, I got a message from my friend Sandy that our pastor is not going to stay with us. We have a couple weeks to get ready to call a new pastor. I am not surprised, because I had a feeling about it. I do wish he could stay, but his lead is gone and when it is over, it is over. At this point, I don't have a strong lead for any particular person. I had the same thing happen last year, and if it does not get stronger, I will not participate in the voting. And, of course, if it does get stronger, it will remain between me and the Lord. I don't believe in electioneering for pastor. I believe the Lord sends the lead to the preacher, he knows where he is supposed to be and the church, if they are up on their praying will know who to call. Anything less can lead to chaos and dissension in the church. That is not how I want to serve the Lord! I haven't had a strong lead for pastor in quite a while. I did (as did many others) when Brother Steve was there, and really did not when he left. I knew (as did several others) he was going to leave, but did not have a strong lead one way or another, but the lead I felt was too weak to use was the man they called......I do know I should have "listened" to that lead. I will try to pray to strengthen what I feel, and if it doesn't get stronger, I will have to decide what I am going to do.

Acts 1:24-26

King James Version (KJV)

24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

And though we are not calling apostles, we calling the man who will lead us the next year. Please pray for us that we do the right thing. I thought this scripture was appropriate.

I love y'all!
To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment