Monday, August 22, 2011

ACLS Class! Work! More Class!


My Bubba

So today I had ACLS class this morning. I went to work, my usual morning routine, then went to class. It was much different than expected! There were actually 3 others that I knew in the class! That is very unusual for me! I was glad to see them! I was expecting the class to be on the computer and I was very worried for one reason I had never done the renewal on the computer, second, I am not good with computers, third, I was afraid it would take me all day. So I got in there, class "schedule" says it will take until 1pm. Someone is working on stepdown for me until I get there. So, I think OK. I was hoping for much sooner but.......So Sherry comes in and starts the class. Then before we know it, it is 10am and we are ready to test. I was the third done with the written part. As soon as the fourth was done, we went into another room and "practiced" our skills. When the four of us had "practiced" our skills she told us we were done and "get out of there!" It was easy as pie and I was back to work before noon. Much better than one pm.

By the way for you non-medical friends, ACLS stands for Advanced Cardiac Life Support. We also have a class "BLS" which is Basic Life Support aka CPR. Both are renewed every 2 years. I am also an ACLS instructor, I renewed it today too.........

I had a few people ask me about removing my name from the list for the manager. I just don't feel it is right for me at this time. I did pray about it more than once. It just isn't right for me right now. I don't know if I will stay in CCU either. I do need something to get me off weekends so much, but leaving CCU may be wrong. Time will tell. We will see!

I want to say congratulations to my friend Libby. She has a new grandson. He is a handsome little fellow. She is on cloud 9.

I hope each of you has a great, blessed week.

John 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I love y'all!
To be continued................




No comments:

Post a Comment