Saturday, August 27, 2011

Memories from this time of year past



64 days until Halloween...



89 Days until Thanksgiving!



119 days until Christmas Day!
Just in case you need updating.......

Do you like this count down? Does it make you cringe? Actually it doesn't bother me. I do like to look at it because I like to decorate for the seasons from fall through Christmas. The day after Christmas, the tree comes down. I have been known to take it down on Christmas night. I have a friend who leaves her tree up a while after Christmas, so if I want to see one, I can go see hers;) It is always decorated so pretty anyway!

I am watching a movie about Kate Middleton and Prince William. It's not too bad. I really liked Princess Dianna. I watched her wedding to Prince Charles, and I got up around 3 am to watch her funeral. The fourteenth anniversary of her death will be in 4 days. It was a Saturday night, it was the Saturday before Labor Day. I remember well where I was and who I was with. It was back before Mr. Smith had his stroke. Every Labor Day weekend on Saturday night we had a weenie roast then a pot luck on Sunday. It was a family reunion for them and we always went along with the Spencers and the Cobbs as well as life long friends of Tommy and Jerry. It was Saturday night, we had finished our hot dogs and I had brought some peanut butter and chocolate fudge. We were cutting into that and the men were watching some sports event on TV, and came out and told us she had been in an accident and it was critical. A short time later, Norma and I were sitting off to the side talking and they came out and told us she had died. It was a sad night. Couldn't help but think about her boys. I believe they grew up to be decent young men for the most part. Rick never teased me about being upset over her death. Some people at work did. They just didn't understand. I guess I get too involved sometimes. They couldn't believe I actually got up that early to watch a funeral on TV. Couldn't help it. We always enjoyed spending time with the Smiths. Our family used to use the creek behind their house around the fourth of July every year. Four wheelers and a tractor and wagon were the only way besides on foot you can get to that creek! I have fond memories of most of that!

It has been a long day and I am tired.
24 Joshua 15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve : whether the gods your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell : but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Y'all have a good evening and a blessed Sunday!
I love y'all!
To be continued.............









No comments:

Post a Comment