Tuesday, August 23, 2011

123 Days

123 days until Christmas Day. That leaves 122 shopping days, and you know, at this hour just go ahead and subtract one.......just saying.........

Without getting into details, yesterday evening and again this morning, my decision to withdraw my name from the CCU manager job was the right one! There is no way in the world I want to deal with some things!

That is off my mind now! It has been an OK day today, did a lot of thinking about things today, been kind of down the past few days I think. I believe it is because of the time of year that is just a few weeks away. Rick always loved the fall. He had a fall garden and we had cabbage until Thanksgiving most years, and a couple of times we had it until Christmas. I was thinking about how I am going to have to buy the corn stalks again, which is not a big deal, they are certainly cheap enough. Maybe next year, I will go ahead and plant some corn just to have the stalks. Maybe not, I can just buy it! Mammoth Cave Transplants and Creekside Nursery both sell the stalks.

I went to Berry Vine Primitives on Saturday afternoon, gotta go back there again in a couple of weeks, it was great! I bought a pumpkin decoration and saw some very cute stuff!


Perry's foot with blister-like places from this virus

Poor Bubba! He has a virus from the "enterovirus" family of viruses. It is called Hand Foot and Mouth disease, it is contagious between children and presents with a sore throat, drooling, and spots on the face, hands and soles of the feet. The Coxsackie virus is the usual cause. This hand foot mouth thing does not usually affect adults, but the coxsackie virus does. I have had it several times. When Valarie was about two, I got a viral pericarditis (inflammation of the sack around the heart) and it is most usually caused by the coxsackie virus. It was also present in my gall bladder when it was removed. The surgeon said he had never seen that before and he didn't know why the pathologist even found it, but he did. When Nick was about 2, I had that pericarditis again. Hope never to have it again! Ever! It didn't hurt, really but from the inflammation, I could "feel" my heart beating and had a weird feeling. Didn't like it too much!

Did you hear about the earthquakes? WOW! Do you wonder about the end days? I do!
Matthew 24
Verse 6, 7, 8

And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars: see that ye not be troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Can't help but think about that scripture......

I love y'all!
To be continued.............






No comments:

Post a Comment