Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 28


Today I posted that I am thankful for the participation in the thankful for posts. I am. I have been blessed by so many posts! For 2 years now, our group has been participating in this and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it! I hope you have been equally or greater blessed!! I think we should make it a November tradition. I love traditions as you know!

My cousin brought an old picture of Rick, me and Val to my mom's today. I was at work, but Val sent it to me as a text and she posted it on facebook. When I first saw it, I thought it was of Livvy. Then after I got to looking I discovered it was Val. Look how young I look! You can barely see part of Rick.

Photo: Proof I was born with this attitude.

She appears to be very unhappy! I don't remember making the picture, so I can't tell you where it was taken. She appears to be about a year old, maybe 18 months. Look at that face. She was a sweet baby most of the time. Very spoiled. We have on short sleeves, so I am not sure when or where this is, she is standing so she has to be at least a year.... I do not remember that shirt, but I love it!

I want to be a bit serious now. Today we got a call from a friend who needs our prayers. It would appear her cancer has metastasized and could be on/in her spine. She is a breast cancer survivor for I want to say 2 or 3 years now, could be less. Time has a way of slipping by without really letting me know sometimes. I believe she has had it since Rick passed away so that would make it less than 3 years. Please remember her in your prayers.

Also, our neighbor lost her battle with cancer tonight. Please remember Jim Wolf and his family in your prayers as they come to terms with the loss of their loved one. The next few days will be a blur and they will need prayer to help them through. The days and weeks following will be when the reality of the situation really begins to set in. Yes, they know she is gone, but there is so much happening now, they just need our prayers. Please remember them.

Also, the Priddy and Jaggers families still need our prayers. It has been a few weeks for them, but they still need us. Please, please pray.

And pray for our country and even just pray for our state and surrounding counties. Man, this morning there were deaths. Shootings in Hart and Barren County (murder/suicide) and stabbing in Bowling Green. This is too close to home. We are a country, peaceful community. This is big city stuff happening right here in our hometown. Please remember to pray. Please. The signs of the end of time seem to be happening all around us.

I love all y'all!
To be continued..........



No comments:

Post a Comment