Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gamma's kids and more!


In my job I find I have so much to be thankful for on a daily basis. But I take it for granted more often than not. It is so easy to be complaisant about my life and think things just are. I have relatively good health. I am able to work my job and make a difference in someone's life daily. Sometimes, it is helping someone come to the realization that their loved one is going on ahead. Sometimes it is more joyous and they get to take them home again. More often than not, that is the case. I am so blessed that I was able to spend 25 years 5 months with my soul mate. I met him in October 1984 and married him in July 1985. He went on ahead in March 2010. 

I have 2 kids that I love with all my heart. We raised them to the best of our ability. They both were saved at a little church called Stockholm- same place I was saved. I want that for my grandbabies as well. 

I have 3 grandbabies who I dearly love. They are the light of my life. When I see them and they run to me with those little arms up and wrap their arms around my neck and hug so tight, my heart melts. Even when Bubba poured the coke on my bed, I couldn't get mad at him.

 Photo: Sound asleep!  Photo: "Somebody help me!" - Miss Luna  Photo

That look on Miss Luna's face is a look of fear! Tobi latched onto her and she ran and tried to hide. Tobi managed to find her every time. Poor kitty. Now I can see how fluffy felt 50 years ago. Fluffy was my Aunt Pauline's cat. I was about Tobi's age or a little younger when Fluffy hid from me. 

I am thankful for an email I received about a year ago that started out: I don't know how to start this but here goes: and I met my stepson and his family. I have one regret that we didn't find them the year before when we were looking for them. 

I hope one day when they remember Gamma, they remember how much I love them. 

Sometimes in this life we are faced with events that change our lives forever. It is how we deal with those events that helps shape us into who we become. I pray I can carry that change out honorably. I am thankful for every moment of every hour of every day of the last 53 years. I don't show it nearly enough or thank God for them nearly enough. When we are young we think we have time. When we get middle age, we begin to realize how we should have cherished those years more. 
A wise Captain Jean-Luc Picard from a Star Trek The Next Generation movie once said:
 "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives, but I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived."
When you pray, I ask you to continue to remember the Wolf, Priddy and Jaggers families as well as others who have troubles of any kind. Remember those who you love. I need the prayers of those I love for sure. 

I love all y'all!
To be continued......



                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment