Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 10


I love reading the Thankful For posts every day. I am sure I miss some of them, but the majority I read and they make my heart smile. Thank you for participating in the posts. 

Today I posted I am thankful for ceiling fans. I am. That post was made just after midnight this early morning. I was having a hot flash, sweating like a dog. The fan cooled me right off.

The rest of my Thankful For post was about friends, old and new. I am grateful for all of y'all. There are so many times, especially over the past few years that I don't know what I would have done without my friends. There are those of you I may not see or talk to for weeks at a time, then we talk and it's like yesterday. There are friends I see every day. Some of my work friends and I have an unspoken language. We know what the other is thinking without saying a word. It makes for some fun sometimes......

There are the friends I have always known. Can't remember when I didn't know them. There are old friends I haven't seen in 25 years. If I saw them today, we'd have a bit of catching up, but it wouldn't take long. There are friends who I just met in the past 20 years.... you know who you are and y'all have been my rock especially these past few years. There are my cousins who I grew up with. While you are blood and there is nothing you can do about that, we are friends too. And that is awesome.

 Today I went to the Edmonson County Homemakers Bazaar. They had several booths set up. It was great. I didn't buy anything but saw lots of homemade goodies. I could have gotten in trouble there. Then, from there I went to the Cave City Convention Center. They were having a craft show. There were many, many booths set up. I hope to go back next time. I didn't know (it wasn't advertised) they would be charging $5 admission. I didn't get charged it. I didn't know about it until I saw my friend Sandy there. She told me about it. I am not sure why they charged an admission fee. Had I known, I think I might have been upset. It was not on their promotional flyer. Anyway, I did buy the cutest wooden block snowman head that lights up. I love it. Got it from one of my favorite Prim vendors, too. Cripple Creek Primitives. This is a photo of their booth from their facebook page:

Photo


The snowman block I bought is in the above photo. She had so many goodies there. Wish I could have cleaned her out! Then, after I left there, I went on to Glasgow to another Prim friend, Susan at The Primitive Shed. Both are on Facebook, please look them up and if you are local, and love Primitive decor, give them an opportunity to help you! Cripple Creek Facebook link is: https://www.facebook.com/cripplecreek.primitives
Primitive Shed Facebook link is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Primitive-Shed/253732654668552?fref=ts
Those links should take you to their sites. If not, just search them on Facebook or send me a message on FB, I will link you to them.

After that, I went to a friends Mary Kay party. Not really sure why I went since I don't wear makeup. But I had a good time trying it on and visiting with friends. I love my friends.

I love all y'all!
To be continued........


No comments:

Post a Comment