Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 25


Today my Thankful for post was: 
 Today I am thankful for the light of another day. I am thankful for my family and I am also thankful that today is Sunday. This is the day we all go to Nana's for breakfast! Yum!
And I am. I am very thankful for my family. All of them! I love my family. We are not perfect in any way, shape form or fashion and we don't claim to be. We have troubles like any other family. But we are family. We stick together. Period. That is what families do. Stick together. Today Greg brought in some old pictures. The following are photos of these pictures. When I know who is in them, I will comment.


On left in back is Papaw James mother, right is Aunt Mildred (his sister ), in front is her son C V Smith, and he is holding his nephew Joe Harvey Howard we believe.

Mammaw and Papaw James. Note he is in Khaki... look closely above his left eye to the side you will see a lump. Nick's lump is more to the side in his hair line, hidden by his hair. This is exactly who Nick described when he was in the accident.
from left: Bruce, me, holding Doug and Greg Easter 1965
We believe this to be a  family reunion at ?Capital Hill. Back row second from left is my mom Aleen James, Pap (Farrell James) is beside her. Mammaw is slightly in front of him, Porky (Pap's brother, Jimmie)  is beside him in line, unknown 3 ladies then Aunt Maggie in large print dress, unknown others in those rows. Redhead boy and girl unknown Papaw is seated in front of Mammaw. He has glasses and a green Khaki shirt. Man with glasses next to him is unknown. Greg and Bruce (my brothers) kneeling in front. 
Aunt Maggie, Papaw (Carl James), unknown other 3


Greg, me and Pap on Christmas morning. Looks like I was about two and a half, Greg would have been one and a half. Bruce would have been not born yet, but would be here in 3 days. Bet that is why mom isn't in a picture??

I love my family. I am thankful for each and every minute we have ever shared! I don't know what I would do without them. I cherish every minute we have ever spent together.  I will message my brother Doug to look at these pictures and to see if he knows any of them. I have other pictures, but my computer didn't want to cooperate today. 

I love all y'all!
To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment