Thursday, November 15, 2012

More on friends


I could have pages and pages on how thankful I am for friends. Today's Thankful For post was about being thankful for my friends who are like family. There are several that I have known only a relatively short period of time compared to how long I have been on this earth. There are friends that are my family, there are friends I only see at church. There are friends who I work with, and there are friends who live the roads I drive on and pass by their work place and their homes on an almost daily  basis. And there are friends I met through Facebook. Yes, through facebook. Some of them are family, and some of them are like family. I intend to meet them some day. It will mean a trip to California to meet some of them, but I intend to. I hope that pans out to come to pass some day before we are both too old lol. She stayed right with me on Facebook the whole time from diagnosis until he died and after, just like many, many others who are still right by my side. I may go weeks without seeing them, but when I do see them, it is like no time has passed at all. I love that. It makes the world go round.

Tonight is the appreciation dinner for the Clinical Ladder. I guess I will go, I have several who achieved their Clinical Nurse III and Clinical Nurse IV designations as my advisees this year, so I should be there for them. Tonight is also Janna's Senior Sports Banquet. She was a volley ball leader. She wants me to be there, too. Trouble is I can't do both. Sometimes I think I will just stay home.... 

I love all y'all!
To be continued.......


No comments:

Post a Comment