Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 11


Today is Veterans Day. I am thankful for all veterans past and present who ensure we have our freedoms that are part of our great country. Many of my family have been in service to our nation at one time or other. My father-in-law was a field promoted and decorated Army Master Sargent. My dad did his time in the Army as well. Many of my mom's brothers were in WW II or Korea or Viet Nam. Rick was also in the Navy during the Nam era. He didn't have to go to actual battle, but he did serve. 

17 year old Rick Sanders

I am thankful to all who served at any time, even in peace time to help ensure our safety. My step-son is also a service veteran. And his service to our country didn't stop when he got out of the service, he continues to serve his community on a volunteer fire department, like his dad who served on WVFD the last few years of his life. RIP 531. 

I love all y'all!
To be continued.........



No comments:

Post a Comment