Saturday, October 2, 2010

I love the fall!

In twelve days the little angel on the left will be 2 years old! She is so precious except when she bites her little brother! And in 20 days little man sitting next to her will be 1 year old. If he had just a bit more confidence he could walk! He will let me hold his hand as he walks anywhere, he will walk around everything, but he will not turn loose! I know he will when he is ready. He is at the mercy of his sister too. She will bite him every time she decides she wants too. He won't bite her back either. I think if he did, she would stop biting him. If anyone has suggestions on that, please let us know.

I wish Rick could have gotten to know Perry. He is a sweet baby. He was still so very small that Rick wasn't comfortable holding him. Perry was just one month old when the tumor was discovered. At that point, the illness took priority. We really didn't pay much attention to the kids, we focused on what we needed to. We wanted to get the tumor out and start whatever treatment would be recommended. After the treatment started, he was too sick to do much more than look at the babies. He would still hold Tober, she was Papaw's girl you know. Rick just didn't really feel he could be safe enough to hold little man, he seemed so much more fragile than his sister did. They never had the same chance to bond that Papaw and Tober had.

Look how big he is getting. He is wearing 18 month clothes! He is 3 weeks shy of one year old! He is a hoss!

This is one of my favorite times of the year! Cooler weather, maybe some fall rain, changing leaves, smell of apple crisp baking, big pot of homemade chili, homemade hot chocolate, cinnamon, coffee on the front porch in the early morning, turning on the fireplace for the first time in the season.....LOVE IT!

Remember when.....
In eleven days it will be 26 years since Rick and I met in my living room that Saturday night in October. Thank you neighbor. If you read this you know who you are! Over the years, I have wanted to kill you more than once. HaHa. But mostly, I thank you. Had it not been for you, we may have never met, and I would not be the person I am today. The struggles and triumphs Rick and I experienced over the years have influenced my life in ways only someone who was there would know. And, there have been some who have been right there the whole time and some over the past 15 years or so and some for an entire lifetime! I do love this month. Ironic that both of my grandchildren were born in October, huh!

That is all for tonight. Love you all.

To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment