Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just stuff

I slept more last night than I have in a while. I have no idea why, but I am grateful just the same. It rained today more than it has in the last 6 weeks put together! We could use a lot more, but I won't complain. It was quite interesting coming in. It was so very warm and windy before the rain and cooled some >10 degrees after the rain. Not much in the way of lightening and thunder around here but several reports of rotation around the area. I am glad I didn't see it! I really hate storms.

Rick's sister Teresa called today. She will have another grandbaby today. Aryanna Nicole will be here sometime.....maybe before midnight. She is 3 weeks early. But as long as she is healthy, that will be ok. Aidan will have a little sister! He will be so excited. He was excited when his little brother Adrian was born. All A's! Should be easy to remember.

I have corrected Valarie's chosen middle name if her baby is a girl. She will name her after her other grandmother. Rick's mom who I never met was Lorene. He would be proud.

I still miss him more than anyone could ever know. I smelled him today. I know there is no way. I don't have anything of his that would have his scent but I smelled him. I guess it is just my imagination. I also heard his voice call my name the other night. It woke me. Must have been dreaming. Sometimes I hear him drop the remote. We could not keep a remote that wasn't broken! He would drop it at least once every night. The kids used to tell me that was how they knew he'd gotten home, they would hear him drop that remote. I called his cell phone twice today just to hear his voice. I may never turn it off.
Hi you have reached Rick Sanders and Nick's Mowing Service. We can't come to the phone right now but if you'll leave a message we'll get back with you as soon as possible. God loves you and have a great day.
I have heard that recording so many times. He would call me and get my voice mail and get aggravated because I didn't answer. He would say why do we have cell phones if I can't get you when I want to. When I would call him and get his voice mail several times in a row and say the same thing to him he would tell me he was working, which he was. He didn't get it I guess! HaHa.
He would have loved today. He loved storms. Even though there wasn't really any thunder/lightening to speak of, he would have liked today.

I think this is all for tonight, I am going to try to sleep some more.

I love you all.

To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment