Thursday, October 28, 2010

Growing in His grace? I hope so!

Today I did something I had not been able to do since March 6, 2010. I moved a patient to CRSH to a room 2 doors up from where Rick passed away AND I didn't cry. I held it together. My work friends have been stepping in and moving patients up there for me if the room was close to his. When my uncle passed away up there earlier this summer I went around that back side to be with my aunt until my cousin came so I wouldn't have to pass that room. But today I did it! And one of the nurses I saw was one of the girls that took such good care of Rick. She was mindful of my feelings, I appreciated that. This is good. I think it may be a step forward!

2 Corinthians 1:4-5 He comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction, through the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For as the sufferings of Christ overflow to us, so our comfort overflows through Christ.
The bible fan page on facebook has a knack for lack of a better word to post scripture that I need to read just when I need to read it. You may or may not believe that. I have posted previously about that when Rick was so critical all those times in the ICU the 6 weeks he was in the hospital how they always posted something I needed to see, words that would be really helpful to me in those trying times. There is the scripture that talks about how God does not intend to harm us, there is the scripture about the fourth man in the fire, many many psalms, and on it goes. Today the bible fan page posted the above scripture. I had to read it twice because it really got my attention! My experiences today moving that patient to CRSH is an example of it! When the bible quotes many words such afflictions for example I don't believe it necessarily is talking about an actual affliction as in this instance. And scripture has different meanings for different people for sure. This scripture means to me that even in my grief over the loss of my husband and best friend that I am still able to do my job and care for my patients in whatever capacity I need to! And the more I learn to lean on Him who is my rock and my salvation the better I can do my job and even live my life! I love the Lord, my God with all my heart. He has been there for me my entire life. When I let Him lead me, everything is so much better. I must learn to let Him lead me more and more each day!

This is all for tonight.

To be continued........

I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did

    ReplyDelete