Sunday, October 3, 2010

Definately cooler!

October is here in all it's glory! The leaves are turning, color is somewhat dull at this point, I guess the dry weather is hurting the color. It was very cool today. Babies needed shoes and some warmer clothes, so we went to Wal-mart today. Perry hates his shoes. Just a bit more confidence and he will walk. He is so cute. I made a big pot of chili today. It is pretty good, but not the best I have ever made. It will do though. I set aside a big bowl to take to work for lunch tomorrow. I also made no-bake cookies, and hid a couple to take to work tomorrow too!

Went to Jackson's Orchard today for apples, got some golden delicious, they are firm but sweet, I usually like tart apples but I can eat these because they are crisp and firm. I wanted to make apple crisp. Unfortunately, these won't make that too well, need tart apples for that! I will get those next time. There were so many people there! They had their pumpkin festival today. 100's of folks there. Fortunately for me I got my apples and back out in good time! We may take the babies there this week.

When I came home from church the TV was on TBN with a movie playing about the Exodus. Moses and the burning bush, Moses and Aaron with the Pharaoh. Well made movie. I have seen most of these actors in other Biblical movies before. They always do well. Speaking of church tonight, it went well. I have some work to do. I am still having a very difficult time but it seems to be easing a little. I want to get to where I can work for my Lord. I know how to get there, I just have to do it! If you are reading this blog and you are a praying person, I ask for your prayers for a dear friend of mine. Her husband is seriously ill in a Louisville hospital. He has had part of this foot removed, and is facing more surgeries. He has gangrene and may loose more than part of his foot! Please remember them. Also, please ask for strength for Maria. From personal experience, I know how much prayer helps us to deal with illness. I want Maria to know how much I care. I also want her to know how I came to depend on the Lord during Rick's illness. Had it not been for my friends, prayer and God, I would not have come through as well as I did. I still say what happened in our lives was not to harm us. God alone knows His plans.
I love you all...........

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."



No comments:

Post a Comment