Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The wait is over.......good results!

Went to employee health today, the CT scan was very good; the labs were mostly within normal limits; thyroid levels a little off but nothing that can't be fixed. My vision is somewhat clearer today. I still don't feel as good as I did but I am also not sleeping well still. I think that is related to my age/hormones. My blood sugar is excellent. It was in the mid 90's and not exactly fasting (I had 2 or 3 cups of coffee with sweet and low and milk that morning before the double vision and one or 2 cups after it) so that is great. I will go see Dr. Phillips Friday at 1030 am and he will look at things and tell what he thinks. We got that straight on my first visit there. He found out I was a nurse when we were talking so he asked me what I wanted him to do. I told him he was my doctor and I was his patient and I wanted him to tell me. A lot of nurses go to the doctor and tell him or her what they want the doctor to do for them. I don't want to be that way. I go there for them to tell me and I want to be compliant with whatever they recommend. I also have to make an eye exam appointment. I just got these glasses sometime this summer, can't remember if it was before camping or after. I tried to call them today, no answer, will try again tomorrow or find a new eye doctor. Way back when 46 years ago we were told for me to always see an ophthalmologist rather than an optometrist. (the former is a physician who specializes in diseases/treatment of the eye while the later is also a doctor but not a medical doctor who just prescribes glasses/contacts and is trained to detect problems and refer to an ophthalmologist). Both prescribe glasses/contact lenses etc while the ophthalmologist can perform surgery if needed as well. Way back when I first discovered I needed glasses and eye surgery, Dr Rowlett was the first eye doctor I ever saw. He did surgery on my eye when I was 7 years old. I will never forget it. That is a story in itself for its own entry some day. Dr. Rowlett left so I saw Dr. Willoughby for many years until we moved away. When we came back to Bowling Green, he had joined Downing McPeak and they did not take our insurance. I just went to an optometrist at that point. I will make an appointment to see if my eyes have changed enough to need glasses adjusted again this quickly. Usually takes a year or two to need lenses changed. We will see. In the meantime, maybe it will continue to clear up and be fine.

I hope you all have a great rest of the evening/night.
I love you all.
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment