Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November first marks starting each day with what I am thankful for!

We started our journey today of acknowledging 'something we are thankful for'. I was blessed to read the status updates as they were being posted today. I feel blessed we live in a nation where we have the freedom to post how we feel -- whatever that feeling is! It warmed my heart to see how many of the status updates on this first day were regarding God or His great gift of salvation and family! Made me smile. And I could hear Rick with that half laugh, half clear his throat and slap that leg as I read each one. I do believe he smiled.

Scripture I read today seemed appropriate for this journey.
"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him" (Colossians 3:15-17).
I ask that we continue to post something we are thankful for every day until Thanksgiving Day. I shall try! Several years ago I read a book about gratitude. It suggested keeping a gratitude journal and writing something down that the reader is thankful for each day for a year. I started it. Some days were struggles for reasons I won't get into here. But I managed to keep that journal for most of the year. Sometimes the same things were written down more than once (or several times). And that is OK! It was the effort that the author wanted. Some days when it seems the struggle is so hard, I am just thankful for another day of life. And that's OK!

Remember my family and me in your prayers. I will remember you. Please remember each other in prayer as well. I know speaking for myself, I need the prayers of those I love....

I love all y'all!
To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment