Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So it is here


This blog entry is not meant to generate sympathy in any way, shape form or fashion. It simply is how I feel right now. And I created this blog in June 2010 to help me deal with my feelings around Rick's illness and death. If you don't want to read it, then don't! I will never know!



This was taken on Tober's first birthday a month and week before the tumor was found.

Two years ago this date, 11/22/09 was the last 'normal' day we had as a family. This was a Sunday and I worked. Rick showed up at work with a coke for me and asked me what I wanted him to pick up for supper. I told him. He was all smiles! About 30 minutes before time for me to go home he called me at work. He was concerned that he had trouble ordering a baked potato for me. He didn't understand why he couldn't say it. And he still couldn't. Then he said he was just tired and that would be it. I miss him today just like it was yesterday. I still hear him sometimes. I guess that I always will. I look at Bubba and I see his Papaw. Two years ago tomorrow will mark the anniversary of the beginning of another journey.
Jeremiah 6:16
16Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
Jeremiah 29:11
11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Yesterday I wrote a little about the old paths. Today I posted where that was from and I posted a scripture that has helped me so much these past 2 years. I lean on it! And I know one day His plan will be revealed!

Please remember my family in your prayers. We will remember you in ours. Please remember your friends and neighbors too! Please remember the sick and their families in your prayers!

I love all y'all!
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment