Saturday, November 5, 2011

I AM PROUD TO BE FROM EDMONSON COUNTY BORN AND RAISED!!!!!!

It is good to see everyone meeting the challenge! We have even gained some people too as some of my friends have posted the challenge on their own wall! I think we might make this a tradition!

It was an OK day today. I had to work today. I had to go out to 3B. 3B is a cardiac telemetry floor. It is way different than working in critical care. Critical care nurses have a difficult time adjusting to floor nursing because we think every one needs the same critical care assessment and observation no matter where we are. It is difficult to change the mindset! And some floor nurses don't understand just how quickly someone can go from talking to you, laughing and joking and mid-sentence stop talking and be coding. And yes, that does happen on the regular floors sometimes, but not often. And no, you can not see it coming most of the time. Also critical care nurses are used to "only" having up to 3 patients and the floor nurses have 6. I have heard it said (not today) many times over the years, "I want to work critical care because you only have 2 or 3 patients and sometimes only one." If they only understood!

There is a reason for the title tonight. And no, you will not find it in this or any other posting. Just know I am proud of where I am from! Ask me, I will tell you why, but not on facebook!
Revelation 1:8 “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.” (KJV)
I love all y'all!
To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment