Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving week!

First, I want to say again "Happy Birthday Norma!" I love you!

Boy, they are still coming daily! The "thankful for" posts have been so faithful! And if we miss a day, we catch up! This is exciting! Y'all did a great job! Thank you for participating! We will do it again next year! I am thankful to have friends like y'all! I have been so blessed to read most of the posts! On the days I work, I can only check on break, and I am sure I missed some, but they have been wonderful!

Worked this weekend, it was a busy one! We had good days though even if we were busy!

The next few days are going to be a bit trying I think. Though it was on Sunday when things started for Rick, the actual day is Wednesday when the tumor was found, so Tuesday marks the day he had trouble talking. Wednesday is the second anniversary of the tumor diagnosis. And although this is one of my favorite times of the year because of what the upcoming holiday represents, it is also now a sad time. But I am thankful for the knowledge and witness that I have that one day I will see him again. His salvation was so obvious. The change in him from that day onward to his last was something only people who truly knew him would notice. He was always a likable man, thoughtful to people he met and knew, but there was a side of him that truly changed. The tumor did cause some personality change, but that was minor compared to some things. I am grateful for every testimony I heard and felt from him at church. I am thankful that we said Grace before every meal, that we read a verse every morning before the first Grace of the day. That he made an effort to have a Christian home whoever was here. It did not matter. We read. We said Grace. Many mornings we had extra people here for breakfast. Sometimes they would say the Grace. Didn't matter it was done!

Nick's girlfriend, Janna, has 2 sisters. They were baptized today! I am very happy for them! Their family is complete now. It means so much to have your home complete! Very glad ours is!

I believe in that respect, this scripture is appropriate!

Matthew 3:13 - 16
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Rick was baptized at Rhoda Creek in November 2002. I will never forget it. Bobbie Joe Meredith was one of his childhood friends, they grew up together, Bobbie Joe was the first person Rick told about being saved, he baptized him and he preached his funeral.

That is all for tonight, please continue to remember each other when you pray! And please remember Jesus is the reason for the upcoming season!

I love all y'all!

To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment