Monday, November 28, 2011

Remember the 'Reason for the Season'

As I sit here and look over various posts I read one that troubled me. Something to the effect that "we are not allowed to say Merry Christmas but rather Happy Holidays" and how it saddens that person. I have seen it posted several times over the past few days. It troubles my heart to think that this great nation whose sole founding principle was to have freedom to worship the One on high! That is why our ancestors left England and France and every other country to come over here-- to have freedom without being told how to worship. At least that is what I was taught in school. And I believe that if a person wants to worship, they should be able to without condemnation from anyone else. Period. Many of our problems began when they took God out of school and took spanking away from the schools. I was raised with both. The fear of a spanking (we called it a whipping) kept me in line. I didn't want one. And if I had gotten one at school, you can rest assured I would have gotten more when I got home. So back to the post. I will say Merry Christmas every time I address this upcoming Season. I will. I don't care who tells me I can't. I will say it! It is Christmas! It is a Christmas Tree, not a holiday tree. It is the day we celebrate the birth of the One!

For the next few weeks, several times a week, make a post on Facebook concerning Christmas. Maybe it is your favorite Christmas song, maybe your favorite verse from the Holy Bible regarding His birth, maybe it's a Christmas story or quote from your favorite Christmas movie. Maybe it is a story from one of your favorite memories of Christmas. Whatever it is, let's do it! We did it with the Thanksgiving posts. We can do this.
Luke 1:27-32

27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

29And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

30And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

31And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

I love all y'all!
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment