Monday, November 21, 2011

The tree is up!



So today I decided I wanted to put the Christmas tree up instead of waiting until Saturday. I mentioned it to Nick who was not happy with my choice. He said we should wait because for all his life we have put that tree up Saturday after Thanksgiving except for Christmas 1994, the year we moved into our first house. We moved in December 18, and I put the tree up around getting moved in! But with everything in me, I just had to put it up! And it has been so very hot today to me. Not like Christmas at all! But as I sit here with the lights out except for the trees and candles I find comfort in it. On the top of the mantle you can see two candle lights. Those are battery tea lights placed in rustic candle holders (they look like wood, but they are resin or something). They are ideal! Very Prim! My dear friend Norma brought these back from Wisconsin to me 5 or 6 years ago, I believe. Time has a way of getting away from me! I want to find a small string of white or red lights to the berry/greenery decorating the mantle top. The ornaments on the tree are many years worth of primitive ornament collecting, Precious Moments ornaments and special ornaments from the kids Christmases! The tree will not hold any more ornaments!

And this tree stays up all year round, right now it has ornaments that I have been collecting since 1988, I have all of them. They are from Hallmark, called Mary's Angels. They are precious!

Also the Walton Thanksgiving story is on and John is reading something John Boy wrote years ago about walking the old paths! I have been thinking about something Michael John preached one Sunday at Miller Hill about getting back to the old path. That has stuck with me. Now I know I need to apply that to my life. I get distracted so easy and that is just an excuse for not doing what I know I should!

this is an ornament that my friend from work Samantha made for me! I love it and it is perfect!


And this ornament was given to us last year by our dear friend Sandy. It is inscribed on the back with Rick's name and dates. It is precious to us!

The following song is my favorite Christmas song. It is special to me. These women singing have voices as I expect the angels will have! Heavenly! And they sing this song perfectly!




O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining.
It is the night of our dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining,
Till he appeared and the soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh hear the angel voices!
Oh night divine! Oh night when Christ was born!
Oh night divine! Oh night! Oh night divine!

Chains shall he break for the slave is our brother,
and in his name all oppression shall cease.
Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we;
Let all within us praise his holy name.
Christ is the lord, that ever, ever praise we.
Noel! Noel! Oh night;oh night divine!
Noel! Noel! Oh night; oh night divine!
Noel! Noel! Oh night; oh night divine!

I love all y'all!
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment