Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1

                                                 

Today is the first day of December. Actually we are only about 45 minutes or so from December 2nd as I write. It was a long day at work today. I am thankful I was busy today. Today was the third anniversary of Rick's tumor removal surgery. As I worked today, from time to time memories from that day came flooding in. I needed distractions to keep my mind occupied. I worked on payroll for a while when my patients were resting or visiting with family. I am grateful for a good day. 

The photo above is from one of my favorite Christmas programs. Linus is wonderful as he reminds Charlie Brown of the true meaning of Christmas. 

The Grinch is another great reminder of what Christmas is. Not at first, of course, he has to discover the meaning. Now, he might not get it completely the way I would like for him to, but he gets it. It is not about what presents you may receive. It is about the birth of the One who was born to die to give us a heavenly home. 

      This baby doesn't get enough credit for the holiday.  


                    This man gets most of the credit for the holiday.

I ask you to please keep in perspective the reason we have this festive season that is beginning. It is just 23 days until Santa comes. The anticipation of that event was something I still remember from my childhood. While I do "believe in Santa" and taught him to my kids, I also taught them the true meaning of Christmas and one of our traditions was to read from St Luke in the Bible on Christmas Eve, just before we put out the milk and cookies for Santa. They still remember that. 

Greg, Pap and me on Christmas morning, had to be about 1962. I would have been just over 3 and 1/2, Greg 2 1/2 and Bruce would be here in 3 more days..... Wonder why that tree is up so high off the floor? I think Tobi looks like me and Bubba looks like Greg. I do. Do you?
Luke 2:4-14 KJV
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
I love all y'all!
To be continued.....

Please keep the Wolf family in your prayers as they lay her to rest Sunday. The coming days, weeks, months they will continue to need prayers please.

No comments:

Post a Comment