Saturday, December 15, 2012

Do I care if this is not politically correct? NO!!


Our founding fathers believed in the above sentence. I do too! I believe with all my heart this country has gone in the wrong direction! It has moved away from God as far and as fast as it could. Too many people are worried about offending the minority who do not believe in God as I know Him. They have had Him removed from our schools, from our courtrooms and courthouses. He has been removed (mention of Him anyway- you can not make me remove Him from my heart and He goes where I go) from many public places for fear of offending someone. We, as a nation, have let the wants and needs of a few dictate to the rest of us how we are going to live. We aren't allowed to spank our children anymore because someone will turn us in and we will be visited by social services and may have our children taken away because we don't 'love' them. Schools won't teach them about God anymore. They say home is where that education comes from. Well, He has to be in the home before He can be taught. So many don't have Him in their hearts so how can they teach about Him? 

I taught my children about God. If they don't live like they know, that is on them, they are both adults. The bible teaches: 
Proverbs 22:6  Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
When I was a child, I was raised this way. When I became an adult, my job often prevented me from attending my church, then moving 1000 miles away prevented me from attending. In MA, I am sure there must be churches like ours somewhere, but I never found one. I thought it best to not go at all rather than go to something that nothing was in. Maybe I am wrong about that, but I don't think so. I did hunger for the Word. I read my Bible, and I tried to pray. Then as now, some prayers never make it past the ceiling. But, by His Grace, sometimes one will make it all the way to Heaven.

My heart aches for those affected by the tragic shooting yesterday. The tragic sudden loss of anyone is almost more than the soul can bear.  And my heart also aches for the family of the shooter. They must live with the knowledge that someone they love could commit this atrocity. 

Please pray for your friends, family, neighbors. Pray for our pastors and their families. Pray for our county. Pray for our state. Pray for our nation that we may return to the old paths and He will make our path straight. Pray that our nation returns to the Loving God of our fathers before it is too late. 

Don't forget as we get closer to Christmas, He is the reason we have the season!


I love all y'all!
To be continued.......

Just me, Myra


No comments:

Post a Comment