Saturday, December 8, 2012

Today was a good day


This has been a pretty good day. I got out and helped out a friend this morning, came home and got ready to go to a wedding. There were two weddings today. Lisa's son (Lisa is one of our Monitor Techs) got married today. Mollie, one of the nurses in CCU also got married today. I made it to Mollie's wedding. She was a beautiful bride. Went to the reception for a couple of hours after the ceremony. She is so happy. I oriented her to the CCU when she was a new graduate nurse. I was thinking today while looking at all the folks who came to the wedding from work. I could have been the mother of most of them. Kinda makes me feel old to know these girls and guys I work with every day could be my children. I guess I know how some of the nurses I knew 34 years ago felt when these young ones (younguns as my mammaw would have said) started. 

Tomorrow I will be staying at Nana's while she goes to church. I will play with my grandbabies until she gets home from church, then I will come on home swinging by Sandy's on the way to see if she needs her dressing changed. 

In just  a short time from now, 32 years ago, Mark David Chapman took the life of John Lennon. Lennon was a music icon for sure. Together with McCartney, Harrison and Starr they created the best rock music ever known. Now some of their stuff seems like maybe they were using hallucinogenics when they wrote it.... like Maxwell's Silver Hammer... there are others. Anyway. 

    

Google the words to Maxwell's Silver Hammer if you don't believe me....

I am going to close now, Frosty the Snowman is on. Can't miss it!

I love all y'all!
To be continued............

Just me, Myra
Luke 2
King James Version (KJV)
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.(And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time at the wedding today. I always enjoy them once I get there. I usually just hate getting all dressed up for them.
    But, it is nice to see the ceremony and everyone having a good time.
    I know how you feel working with the younguns. When I worked at Target a lot of the ones I worked with were younger than me, including my bosses. I used to tell the manager that I fell like I am babysitting most of the time, especially on the night shifts.

    ReplyDelete