Sunday, December 2, 2012

December 2


The countdown is on until Christmas. My favorite time of year. Today I am going to list favorite Christmas memories in no particular order:

Walking acres and acres to get the perfect tree only to find half of it was missing. Spotting the perfet tree 2 or 3 fields away.. Smell of the cedar tree, the first twinkle lights on our tree, icicles, the record player pap brought home from the Western Auto one Christmas, the Chipmunk album that he brought with it... the green Christmas album with  O Holy Night on it.....


my walking doll, barbies, unwrapping and re-wrapping presents and knowing what was in every box and no one knowing that I know but me (I can act very surprised!), Christmas 1984 (Rick's and my first Christmas together), wondering how on earth could Santa get down our chimney and out the stove without making a mess AND not getting burned because they wouldn't let the fire go out.... Christmas stockings hanging behind the stove... hard Christmas ribbon candy, creme drops, orange slices, pecans, very little sleep because of the anticipation of Christmas morning....

Staying up more than half the night putting toys together and getting upset because the directions are so hard to read.... wondering if it is bad to have so many left over parts.... reading the Christmas story from St Luke in the Bible to my kids each Christmas Eve..... no breakfast on Christmas morning because of the anticipation of the day.. turkey and dressing again so soon... Mammaw and Papaw coming over.... going to Nursing Homes around town singing Christmas songs to the residents.... The looks on my kids faces Christmas morning when they got exactly what they wanted.....the look on Val's face our first Christmas in MA when I found her playing with the lights......

That is just a few of my memories. I love traditions. I love family. I believe with all my heart family is what makes the world go 'round. I love my family with all my heart. 

I love all y'all!
To be continued....


Please remember the Wolf family in your prayers. They laid to rest their loved one today. Also, please remember my mom's brother, Wade, who lives in Arizona. His wife, Phyllis passed away a few days ago. Also, please continue to remember the Priddy family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment