Saturday, December 22, 2012

I was hoping to be asleep by now.....

  
These are items I use every day with my CPAP. The machine is much like my machine. I put on the nasal pillows and take a couple breaths and the machine gradually increases the pressure as I need it. It is called auto-titrated which means it gives me exactly what I need. I can not sleep without it. I find myself wanting to go to bed so I can put it on to help the breathing. The air can be warmed, and it is humidified using distilled water. Don't want to use tap water in it for more than one reason. First, the water here is hard water which means there is limestone buildup in the water that is what slows your ice makers and coffee pots just to name a couple things, and the distilled water is slower to grow mold because it is distilled. The machines are low maintenance.  I wash the water compartment, pillows and tubing every so often and there is a filter for air inflow in the back, easy to take care of so it will take care of me. Sleep apnea causes numerous medical problems. One of which I have. It is called diastolic dysfunction, which means my heart has a form of  heart failure in that it pumps too hard to pump the blood. CPAP helps that along with a medication called a beta blocker used to reduce the pressure my heart has to pump against to pump out the blood. My ejection fraction or the amount of blood the heart pumps every minute is normal, it just works harder to pump it out.

Are you bored yet? I just want to encourage you to read and follow my daughter's blog. It is linked on the left side of my posts and I will attempt to link it here. She does a great job. http://mommyinapinch.blogspot.com

Again, I want to encourage you to remember the Reason for the Season and wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

I also ask you to remember those you love in your prayers.

I love all y'all!
To be continued...........
Just me, Myra

“And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:8-11KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment