Monday, December 31, 2012

As 2012 ends..... & 2013 begins.....


2012 is ending. It has been a difficult year with many challenges and opportunities and some I wish we could have do-overs for! But in real life, there are no do-overs so we must learn what we need to learn from those and move on to the next item.

I have let the old devil get the best of me sometimes. I have let what people think and say about things influence me and I should be my own person and not let that happen, just learn to ignore things. I should let things go and I don't inside. Sometimes, it is obvious when certain things are happening and I am human and it hurts. But, I should be the one to let it go and pretend I am clueless. I do that some, and I am not as clueless as some may think. One thing, they will never know because they won't see this so I will go on being 'clueless' in their eyes.

In 2013, my goal is to  do what I know to be right and live my life the way I know it should be and all will be well. If I keep Him first, then He will help me. It is when I put other things first that things begin to fall apart. Another goal is to ignore things I know are not right and not let things hurt me. It is just me, after all. I only have to do what I know is right for me.


2013 will bring more. It will expand my family. July 4, 2013 I will gain a daughter-in-law. On Saturday evening December 29, 2012 Nick Sanders proposed marriage to Janna Woodcock and she said yes. She is a sweet girl and she loves Nick and he loves her. So, she will be coming into our family. They have been together over a year. I was expecting this.... I wish them many years of happiness.


I am not sure when I will gain a son-in-law. Valarie and Brandon are also engaged. They have not yet set a date. He loves her and the babies, he treats Tobi and Bubba just like they are his. And they listen to him. Actually, they listen better to him than they do anyone else.


These babies are the sweetest things around. Can you see the mischievousness in them? What one doesn't think of, another does. Sweet babies!

So, as we say goodbye to 2012, we say hello to a new year full of new possibilities for blessings and enjoying life! Put the past behind you, let by-gones be by-gones and keep moving forward. Don't let the past drag you down, there is nothing you can do to change what has been. We can only learn from whatever it was and move on. I intend to.

Please keep your friends in your prayers. Just because someone appears to always be happy does not mean everything is OK. They may be hurting inside and keeping it inside, not letting anyone in. So, remember those you love in your prayers. I know I need them. I will remember y'all too. Don't forget those who are facing their first holidays without loved ones.

I love all y'all!
To be continued.......
Just me, Myra

I kinda thought this verse was appropriate, it is the 'verse of the day' and it fits....
“Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters; Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment