Monday, December 17, 2012

Counting down the days

One week from today is Christmas Eve. WOW! 2012 has only 2 weeks left! Where has the time gone! When I was a child, it seemed like it took 2 years for Christmas to come, now, it seems it's only about 6 months and it is here again. I know, it doesn't happen that fast, but the perception of time seems to pass more quickly the older I get! Is it that way for you?

I see many facebook posts about the events of this past week. One wonders how this could happen, another blames guns, still another blames the parents, another blames the violence on TV. I don't know what the actual answer is, but it seems to me this old world is getting worse and worse and is getting farther and farther from God. And the farther we get from Him, the worse it seems to get. And then we wonder why? Not many want to acknowledge that though. The Bible has many chapters and verses on this very subject and it says something like as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of man.... not a direct quote but that is the gist of the statement. In the days of Noah, men and women were wild, doing all kinds of things and it is true today. And the morality is going quickly. Just like then. And the same was true for the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. They were destroyed for their immorality. If God said to Jesus, Son go bring My children home, would you be ready? What would you say to Him about your life? I don't want answers here to these questions. Simply stated to make one think about it. I saw a Facebook post with a picture of Jesus on an iPhone caller ID and it says "would you answer this call?" Well, Jesus is not gonna call your iPhone. But the gist of what that person or group wants us to think about is would you answer His call? The answer is unequivocally yes! When He calls we will answer. There will be no choice to ignore that call. 42 years ago, He placed a white stone in my heart, and in that stone a new name and when He calls it, I will answer. You will too. And if you don't have a new name, you should ask Him how to get one. You will need it!

Please continue to remember the families of those children, teachers and others who lost their lives to the gunman last week. Please remember the families who are facing their first "anniversary of" without their loved one in the next week. There are so many! This will be our third without Rick, and it still hurts.

 A recent pastor of ours used to say "Pray til you pray". I need to heed his advice. I still think about that and how he used to say it just at the right time.

I love all y'all!
To be continued....
Just me, Myra
    

No comments:

Post a Comment