Saturday, July 30, 2011

reasons, inspiration, friends/family, emotions

147 days until Christmas......Just a reminder.............

So I was looking back reflecting about the past 20 months and was just thinking about all the people who helped us on this most difficult journey. I could not begin to count them, our friends and family made it possible to deal with everything that happened! Y'all were so very supportive and there is NO way to repay y'all for your kindness! I had no idea what a blog was or how to go about "making one" but had read Beth's blog (which is linked here, among others, on the left side of this page) a couple times since joining facebook. I had been toying around with writing in Microsoft word and keeping my thoughts in an electronic journal so to speak on the main computer then after reading one of Beth's entries, I decided to give it a try. Somewhere on this page at the top I think is a link to get you started, so I just clicked it, set up my "Google account" and started putting feelings to the page. Then I named it. The original intent of the blog was to have a place to write my feelings about Rick's illness, six week hospital stay and death. I started the blog June 1, 2010. To date, I have had 4800 "hits" on my site. I feel blessed that someone reads it. I also hope I have helped someone deal with their feelings about life in general. I know it has helped me to be able to have a place that is my own where I can say what I feel and know that the remarks I make are mine and mine alone and if it helps someone, then I am doubly blessed!

I know from experience that reading others blogs, I have been helped there as well! Hillary has a blog about her family's journey with life in general and the past year or so about the diagnosis of spina bifida. Her youngest has that, and it has been quite a journey for her. By God's grace, her beautiful Zoe is healthy, and will be able to function well in her life. She is growing everyday, and though she needs physical therapy, trips to Vandy still, glasses to see well, is sitting well, rolling over, trying to drink from a cup.....progressing well! Hillary has been an inspiration to me with her faith in our Lord all during her pregnancy and that inspiration helped me see something the Lord had been trying to show me. She posted about the men who would not bow to the idols and were thrown into the fiery furnace. Brother Steve had preached on that very scripture many times as had Brian. I knew it had a message for me, but reading her post one night, I realized what that message was and cried and cried out of gratitude that He helped me see through a friend what I needed to see. If one person can be helped by something I write here, then it has been well worth every keystroke!

Everything posted here has to do with my feelings, lots of times still those feelings are related to Rick's illness. Sometimes the posts are about other feelings, and I have to write them down to be able to deal with the stress! I am hoping my stress will become a bit lighter in the next couple of weeks. I will post about that when it is complete!
Daniel 3
25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

28Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.
I love y'all!
To be continued..............

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. You put your heart and soul into your witings, and it comes pouring through as it is read.
    It can be very therapeutic to write about your feelings, worries or stresses. Sometimes just putting them down or paper, or blog can help.And if it helps someone in any way to read those words, then that is even better.
    This old world has a way of pulling a person in so many directions, sometimes it is comforting to know that we are not the only one struggling with life and simply living. We all have our trials and tribulations, and at times need a helping hand, a shoulder to lean on, or an ear to bend. So write away...

    ReplyDelete