Thursday, July 21, 2011

How long did you say? 156?




Tobi
Christmas 2009
Rick's last Christmas
(it is still my favorite time of year, though I miss him!)

Well, I will tell you that it is 156 days until Christmas! Me thinks that means 155 shopping days, and since today is about over except Kroger and Wal-Mart, 154 shopping days left! Have YOU started your Christmas shopping yet? I have not! I usually don't start shopping until a few days before for a few reasons: keeping my grown kids out of the presents, don't know what to get for anyone and several other various reasons. Maybe I will start early this year.

I love Christmas, it is my very favorite time of year, next is Easter. Get the theme there? My favorite 2 holidays of the year have to do with our Lord. Some folks don't really like Easter because it reminds them of the death of Jesus. I choose to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and because of that resurrection I am assured eternal life after this life is over. Had it not been for His suffering and sacrifice, my soul would be lost. And not to make a joke out of a very serious thing, but with this heat, I don't want to know how hot hell will be. Can you imagine? Think about how very hot and humid it has been and how we say we can not stand it much longer....now think about adding flames to this heat and though I have no idea how hot it really is, I am sure it is hotter than it is here. It makes me feel so sad for those who choose not to go with their lead and find salvation and everyone is guaranteed one opportunity to find it, any other chance is by mercy. I am so glad for the mercy shown me one Saturday night! I do wish I had told it sooner....that is for another time.

Have you noticed that the days seem to be getting a bit shorter? Well it is and before we know it it will be time change again. I wish 'they' would leave time alone. Start noticing, the sun is coming up a minute later this day and setting a minute earlier that day and it will progress until the winter solstice when it will be the "shortest" day of the year and we will be going the opposite way, sun rising a minute earlier here and setting a minute later there until.....here we go the opposite way.....and repeat again. How the years are passing!

I hope I haven't depressed you. I just think about these things from time to time and had to share. I hope y'all have a great evening, stay cool (as best you can) and remember your pets, friends, neighbors and family. If you can and know someone who needs a fan, take them one.

Luke 2; 9 -18

9And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

15And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.

16And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.

17And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.

18And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.

I thought it went with the theme of the post........

I love y'all.
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment