Saturday, July 9, 2011

My family

Today was a family get-together at my niece, Heather and her husband Jonas' home. There were folks from all sides there! It might have been a bit awkward for some, but all in all it was a good day. Heather and Jonas have been together for years but recently married so today was a planned celebration of their marriage that they knew about and a surprise "shower" for them that they did not know about until today complete with a cake! It was pretty and Tobi could not keep her little fingers out of it! They live in a house they bought from Jonas' uncle when he and his wife divorced. They have a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath home with a nice yard and a pool, which their six year old son Jonas Jr. loves. All their "stuff" was either old or hand-me-downs from different ones of us, so they really needed some new stuff. I got them some bright colored lime green, melon and teal kitchen towels and dish cloths, a bright lime green cutting board and knife to match. She loves things like that.

Tobi waiting her turn in the pool

Bubba in the pool with Mommy

All in all it was a good day. I left after 3 hours, my ankles were swelling so much from the heat that my flip flops were getting tight.

Last night was quite an experience! The sleep study went better than I expected, and I did not come away with CPAP already, so at least it's not really bad! They couldn't tell me anything, I have to wait for the Dr. to interpret the test. I will hear from it soon. I am so tired right now, I can barely hold my eyes open! I had to take a sleeping pill to get to sleep, and didn't feel like I slept over 3 or 4 hours. Couldn't have been much, I know I woke at least 3 times and it was close to midnight when I finally went to sleep (which is nothing new). I was wired for sound, literally! They had EEG leads on, EKG leads on, leads on my legs to monitor for restless legs, a monitor of the air I was breathing out, an oxygen saturation sensor on my finger and last but not least, a microphone on my throat to detect snoring.

This is a picture of the room I was in. It was as comfortable as it could have been. We will find out the results this coming week I hope! Rick had CPAP for several years. He used it faithfully for a long time.

I love y'all!
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment