Sunday, July 24, 2011

153

153 days until Christmas............

Today I learned some very sad news. A friend from high school died this morning from cancer, Rhonda Moody St Charles. I do not know the details, just that it had spread to her bones. Friends, I beg you, if you are due a check up at the doctor, go get it. If you feel bad, go, if you have a family history of cancer, go get checked. Keep up your mammogram every time it is due. Did you know breast cancer, when caught early and properly treated, is one of the most curable types of cancer? There have been so many to go on from that dreaded disease. Another of our classmates died a few years ago from cancer -- Debbie Wood Minton. It is so hard when we lose friends. I had lost track of my friend and she found me on facebook before Rick got sick, she was a realtor for a friend of his brother.

On a bit of a lighter note, the sleep study went well last night. The "nose mask" is probably my favorite, I slept better last night than I have in quite a while. I am looking forward to the final results and getting the help I need. I can't wait! I did remember waking a couple of times overnight, there was water collected in the mask. I will have to figure a way to prevent that from happening. Otherwise, it went very well! I was actually fairly well rested when I woke this morning. I think I was still asleep when they came in the room. So, that is better!

Remember, go get your yearly tests done, see about that nagging cough, just a general check up!


Psalm 46:1-3
1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore will not we fear , though the earth be removed , and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled , though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

I love the songs of King David...........

I love y'all!

To be continued..............

No comments:

Post a Comment