Sunday, March 24, 2013

It's Spring!

I just wish the weather would cooperate! We just had a mild thundershower, expecting snow flurries the next two days and I'm sitting here freezing! Must be the Easter Squall.

Speaking of Easter its almost here! I love this time of year. This is the Easter Season. While "Good Friday" marks the death of our Lord on the cross; Easter marks His resurrection!! Had it not been for a Man called Jesus, then forever my soul would be lost! I love that song! I love to hear Brother Denzil Bullock sing it. He sings it with such feeling.

There are several movies out there depicting the life, death and resurrection of The Lord. One is "Jesus" with Jeremy Sisto as Jesus and Jeroen Krabbe' (he played Danielle's father in Ever After) as Satan. It's a good movie. Another is "King of Kings" which stars Jeffrey Hunter as Jesus. Excellent movie. It is reported that while they were making this movie, the cast and crew were very quiet around Mr Hunter when he was in make up as he looked the part he was playing. Another was "The Passion if the Christ." This movie was excellent though I couldn't understand a word of it except for the subtitles, I understood at the same time. Makes no sense I know but it's true. It was a bit graphically violent; but, we do not know how it really was. I mean, look up flogging and crucifixion. Those are violent! And they were both done to Our Lord.

However you plan to celebrate this season, please take a moment to remember the Reason for the Season! He died a cruel death for us! Pleasant Grove (Miller Hill) has church at 11 on Easter. It's also a fifth Sunday.

Remember each other in your prayers! Remember those who are sick. Remember my friend just diagnosed with breast cancer. Her blog is one I follow on the left side of this blog. Lighthousegal is the name of her blog. Also Rose (co-worker and friend) also has cancer out of remission. Please remember them in your prayers. Please remember those who have lost loved ones in your prayers.

Congratulations to neighbors Buck and Donna Simmons on their Fifty Year wedding anniversary!

I love all y'all! ❤
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment