Saturday, September 1, 2012

This and that, no tears

Not sure where to start tonight. Last night's post was helpful to get that off my mind which is the intent of this blog. I certainly don't want to imply that I think I am the only one hurting, I know I am not. I have a friend who also lost her husband. It has only been a year for her. I want to say something to help her, but I know there is nothing I can say really. While we had warning of Rick's illness and my nursing experience and what the Dr's would say let us know it wouldn't be long, my friend's husband left for work one morning and never made it there. Another work friend lost her son one year and her husband the next which was just a few months for her. We all know God has a plan for us and our lives. We know this and we try to accept the loss and move forward. Some days I am better at moving forward than others. Sometimes I think there is no way I can get through another day without him and some days I am OK. As a nurse I am faced with death on many occasions. It is part of my job to take care of people during some of the worst days of their lives sometimes. I try to take care of them the way people took care of us. When I lean on the Lord, it is so much easier to get through the day. When I try on my own, it is nearly impossible!

On another note, the rain has not happened as I was expecting. For some reason I was expecting much more. It may not be over yet I guess, but from the looks of the radar, doesn't seem like 3 inches of rain this weekend will happen. I know we need rain, but I can do without storms! And from the looks of the radar somewhere around midnight we will see a bit of a storm unless it dies out before it gets here.

When I was a child, Cinderella came on TV. It starred many great actors: Walter Pidgeon, Celeste Holm, Ginger Rodgers, Jo Van Fleet, and introduced Stuart Damon and Lesley Ann Warren. I found it on you tube the other day while looking at Pinterest. By the way, if you are not on Pinterest, you need to get myself or someone to send you an invite. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it has so much good stuff on there. I digress. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ1pPd73TH0 this should be a link to the movie, it is full length without commercials. Lovely movie. And it brought back so many memories! Love it!

I am thinking this is about all for tonight. Please continue to remember those you love in your prayers. God knows I need them! And for how I feel, I believe there were some sent up for me. I will do my best to remember y'all in my prayers.
We rejoice in our sufferings because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope – Romans 5:3-4
I love all y'all!
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment