Monday, September 24, 2012

Twenty two years ago

As I posted on facebook earlier, today is the 22 year anniversary of my first wreck. The "thing" of note regarding the wreck was that it tore the placenta slightly from the uterus wall and Nick was born about 40 hours later by urgent C-section. There were no outward signs that had happened, just a blood test that showed his blood mixing with mine and it's not supposed to do that. I remember getting out of the car and looking at the man who hit me and seeing the look on his face when he realized I was very pregnant. I had to make him call the police, he said my car wasn't hurt (insurance totaled it out) and he saw no reason to call. I took his keys and insisted he go call. This was 1990 when hardly anyone had a "car phone" as they were called then and some lady stopped before the cops came and called Rick at work for me. Good thing we got that car seat lol. The officer who came was so nice but he made me go to ER - which I was going to do anyway when Rick came - anyway he made me go in an ambulance. Now picture this, 37ish weeks pregnant with an eight pound baby, rigid neck collar on per EMS and strapped to a spine board. boo. Now remember I had already been out of the car walking around, but they wouldn't take no for an answer either. I had convinced the ER doc to at least clear my c-spine and get that collar off. They took me to labor and delivery to be monitored for a while then after about 3 or 4 hours let me go with Rick over to Saint Vincent's Hospital where my the Dr. on call for my Dr was. My Dr was on vacation. While Susan was still with me I'd had an appointment with him and he told me he would be gone 2 weeks. I told him I would need him while he was gone. He had reassured me I would be fine, and I would have been had it not been for Mr. Buzzel (the man who hit me).  Labor and Delivery monitored me overnight at Saint Vincent's and drew blood early the next morning. While that test that showed the tear was being processed she let me go home with strict orders not to do much, no driving, and to get back right away if there was even a twinge. I was happy to go home and sleep on my mattress on the floor.

Tuesday the 23rd Rick went on to work (he worked second shift) after bringing me home from the hospital. It was about supper time when Dr Kraft called me to check on me and tell me what that blood test had shown. She told me to be back at Saint Vincent's by 7am and to come sooner if I felt like anything was wrong, if the baby's movements slowed down, if anything just didn't feel right. I told her I would do that. I called Rick on his break and told him. He was worried about us but tried not to show it. I will post more about Nick's arrival on his birthday.

Today on facebook I made a post about the wreck. Someone who I really don't know, she is a family member of a dear friend, I have never met her, I just accepted her friend request because of who she was, made a comment "who cares" on my post. That is fine, I told her I care and asked who she was anyway. I had to look up mutual friends to see who she was. I don't remember the friend request anyway. I blocked her. It is fine if NO ONE cares what I post. Really. I was reading some of her posts trying to figure out who she was anyway and thought I could say the same thing deary but I won't. I just think that was extremely rude. If you don't want to read what I write, don't - it won't bother me one little bit! But please don't make rude remarks on my posts. I will remove you. No problem! I did leave her comment so the following comments (good friends ready to teach her some manners) would make sense. And I removed/blocked her from my facebook. I am certain she won't care one bit that I did that. But I do.

I worked today, sort of. We had CCU Competencies today and will again on Thursday. I am off work until next week except for this! YAY ME!!  I know - who cares? I do!!

        Revelation 2
17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
I love all y'all!
To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment