Sunday, September 2, 2012

Team Rick?


Edmonson County Relay for Life
Team Rick?
So the past couple of years I have been considering participating in Relay for Life in Edmonson County. I have never attempted anything like this before so I am at a loss just how to proceed. I know my friend Suzan Nunn will help me get started, then I will need people to help with the walk and to raise money. Since cancer took him from us and so many people loved Rick, I am sure we can get a good team together and figure out what to do!

My friend Darlene Clark and her family have Team Ravenators in honor of her granddaughter Raven Durbin who died this year from leukemia. I know she will give me pointers as well.

I also know Brent and Kim and many other friends of ours will help us, all we have to do is ask.

I know our family and dear friends will help too. Many of you read this blog and I know you will do what you can and whatever we need to get this going. I believe, if memory serves correctly, the actual walk is in May. The sign up is in November and I shall take care of that for us. Lets get to walking!

If you are on Facebook attempt this link and like the page, it is for Edmonson County Relay for Life and if you are willing to help us, please let me know in some way.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Edmonson-County-Relay-for-Life/422804754422541
“The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.” Psalm 119:64 KJV 
Very fitting Bible verse of the day I do believe! His mercy sustains us!

I love all y'all!
To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment