Sunday, September 30, 2012

New post, may need a tissue.....may not....

Today I went to see my sister-in-law after church. She had her surgery this morning to fix her collapsed lung. She was still quite groggy, and in some pain, and short of breath. But she is on the mend. As long as she still has the chest tube, she will have some pain. She will get up and start walking soon, and that will hurt at first, but even though it hurts, the more mobile she gets the better she will be.

While I was there, I ran into a neighbor. She has cancer. Please remember her and her family in your prayers. I know first hand the feelings her family is going through. I also saw neighbors visiting with them. It is good to see support. We appreciated every person who came to visit. Even if he wasn't doing well enough for you to come in to see him, we appreciated the visits and the prayers. The prayers are what gets you through. Please remember them in your prayers. Please. It is sad when your spouse is lying in a hospital bed and cancer is the diagnosis and you wonder so many things. And you are afraid you will come home alone. And you worry and pray and worry. As I said, prayer is what gets your through.

There has been so much loss in our neighborhood over the past few years, Andrew, Rick, Gordon, Bonnie then the sicknesses...and all this is just in a mile radius, extend that a few miles and there are more, Lily May, Tootle, Bobbie, the Daily's, many others.

When I look at this post and think back, my few aches and pains are nothing!

Remember the little church called Holly Springs in your prayers as they entered into a revival tonight.
“And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.” Philippians 1:9-10 KJV
I love all y'all!
To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment