Monday, March 5, 2012

Tomorrow

I miss this man more than you can imagine. Today Nick and I got out and went to the Ag office for some training so we can use spray on our garden if we need to. We learned a lot! It was a good class. I also learned just to use the common bug-be-gone etc from Lowes and other places you are supposed to have that license. We have ours. Rick loved to garden and we may get back into the farmers market a little with corn, tomatoes, potatoes and maybe a few other things. We will see how it goes.

I also went to his grave today and placed a beautiful yellow headstone piece on his stone. We will see if it stays. My phone died so I have no picture today, but tomorrow I will go back and check on him. Tomorrow is the second anniversary of his death. The picture above was taken after the surgery to debulk the tumor but before radiation started. He was happy and he was able to talk and get around pretty well. I thought we had a chance. God had other plans. He will reveal those plans to us when He is ready. For now, I have to be content in the knowledge that he is at rest and one day we will be together again. Two years ago yesterday he had the best day he had since the tumor was found. We had hopes of getting off the vent. He wanted to go home. The he had the set back and little did we know that he would only have one more day. I think about everything that happened in that short time. I wonder if there was anything to do differently. I know that there was not. But I still wonder. I am reminded of the following scripture:

Jeremiah 29:11

King James Version (KJV)

11For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

I love all y'all

To be continued....................

No comments:

Post a Comment