Saturday, March 3, 2012

3 Days

It is only 3 days from the second anniversary of his leaving. I miss him terribly still. I guess I always will. This morning in the wee hours I woke up for no reason. I thought I smelled his aftershave. It was so clear. Sometimes I still hear his shuffle through the dining room from the living room into the kitchen. No one walked like Rick. The picture above was taken October 14, 2009, not 2008. It was on Tobi's first birthday. See the bucket of ice cream? We also had cupcakes. That is what Valarie wanted to make for Tobi's first birthday. I guess I had not set the date correctly on the camera. I miss that camera. It was broken just after this. In one week and a day Perry Dale, Jr would be born. The camera was broken then. Had to use a disposable for his new pictures. Also, you would not believe to look at him in this picture that in 5 and 1/2 weeks the tumor would be diagnosed and in 20 1/2 weeks from this picture he would be gone.

Yesterday was a difficult day at work. It was busy, but also it was stressful because of the impending weather and also I felt a great deal of anxiety. I felt on the verge of tears most of the day. Time of year I guess. It was my last day to work until March 11. That will be good. I have worked everyday but one this week, and that day was spent out all day 2 steps ahead of the storm. Nick and I felt blessed we weren't in the middle of that on Wednesday. Everywhere we had to go a storm was either 5 minutes behind us or had just passed through. My flag was a casualty of Wednesdays storm though. The pole was snapped by the wind at the base. Boo. That is 2 flagpoles snapped by the wind for me. Will it be 3? I don't know if I will buy a third or not.



The above picture was taken by my brother, Bruce's, cell phone. It appears to be a funnel cloud that was passing through the Brownsville area. Shew, I am so glad it did not touch down! Mom said there were actually 2 funnel clouds just minutes apart. I really would have been scared to death! I was inside at work and could only really see whatever the TV was showing. Glad I couldn't. I would have been pacing and watching. I did have a casualty of the storm yesterday as well. I have a star on my front porch. The star is fine, but my siding where I had it hanging is not. It was twisted by the wind and I am not yet sure what I will do about it. May just have to have it fixed. Gotta look closer to see if it is broken or what. Boo.

Now I do have a couple more things I want to write about. The first is Ms. Coy, the woman who took the life of Jamie Stice in order to steal her unborn son. She was given life in prison for her crime. I just really think that is too lenient From all the reports, it seems to me like she planned this whole thing. I think that deserves the same punishment that she dealt out to Jamie. I think, and maybe I am silly for thinking it, but I still think that when we start dealing out the punishment to the criminal that they impose on their victim, we would have less crime. You take a life, you forfeit yours. Period. And there was no doubt she was guilty so no one can claim wrongly convicted. Some may say she is forfeiting her life. Let's look at that for a minute. Yes, she is behind bars for the remainder of her life, (no mention that I remember of the possibility of parole) but she has a roof over her head, a warm place to sleep, 3 meals a day, access to a shower, access to medical care (on us) clothes that are clean.......what does Jamie have? A casket and a hole in the ground with a piece of concrete standing over it with her name engraved in it. What does her son have? He does have his dad but not his mom. And he will NEVER know her. That was taken from him.

I did not know Jamie, don't know for sure if I ever met her, I did see her when her uncle Kevin (who had been my brother-in-law) died. Kevin was Jamie's dads brother. I knew her grandpa Holland Stice very well. Holland's dad and Ma Bird (my mam maw James' mom) were first cousins. Mam maw and Holland kept in touch. Holland always came to the family reunions. Now, that doesn't make Jamie and I much kin, but we are the same place in the family line so to speak. She was blood of my blood and that is close enough for me to have a family loyalty to the person for sure. Some families don't count cousins that far down the line. We do. If you are family even a little bit, then you are family. Period.

I guess that is all. I would ask you to remember in your prayers everyone who comes to your heart, remember those who are sick and their families, remember your family, friends, neighbors.......remember me. Remember folks who you don't even know who are suffering. God knows who they are -- please ask Him. Remember those really affected by the storms this week. If we ask, He will provide. It may not be what we want but it will be what HE wants! I would ask you to remember Rick's friend Sam's family. Sam was the Amish man who owned a greenhouse and fruit/vegetable store who Rick got to know and became great friends with. Sam passed away recently with cancer. He left a wife and three young daughters.
2 Chronicles 15:4 "But when they in their trouble did turn unto the Lord God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them." (KJV)
I love all y'all!
To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment