Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stuff, stuff and more stuff

Revival time is quickly approaching. I want to be ready to help someone--anyone that I can. It seems the more I try to pray to be ready, the more "stuff" gets put in front of me. I get these thoughts that my mind then starts feeding into and pretty soon I am in a terrible mood. I realize what is going on and work on that, then before I know it, here it comes again. What is it? Do I not have the strength to fight off the evil one? It has been a couple of revival's ago (or more) since I really was able to be "in it" all the way-- and that didn't last long because of those thoughts and at that time actions by others--> I went on a couple of terrible first responder calls which just tore my heart up. I let it get to me and before I knew it, it was all I could think about. I saw those scenes every time I closed my eyes. I am glad in a way that I don't do that anymore. I did love helping people when they truly needed the help though. I guess it just wasn't meant to be........

I won't forget the last revival before Rick got sick. He was able to get in it and stay in it. He was one happy man. He never told anyone but me but he was so glad for the ability to pray for someone and be there when they were saved. I will never forget the talks we had. 

The following passages seem appropriate for the topic. Have a wonderful day y'all. Remember me in your prayers. Remember those who need your prayers. God knows all! 
1 John 3:20-22 “For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of Him, because we keep His commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. Do not allow lack of obedience to keep you from coming before God in praise. Don't avoid Him because of things in your life that shouldn't be there."
I love all y'all!
To be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment