Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm Free

So, when I saw the Gimlet today I found on page 10 the poem below. My mom had taken it to the news office and had them run it in memory of Rick. Sweet poem. It will be the remainder of the blog post, I love all y'all

To be continued......

I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free,
I’m following the path God laid for me.
I took His hand when I heard him call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
to laugh, to love, to work or play;
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Ah yes, these things too I will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I’ve savored much.
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and share with me,
I’m with God now, I’ve been set free.

It says it all.............Rick would be smiling at the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment