Saturday, September 24, 2011

Twenty-one years ago today

So 21 years ago today, Rick and I went to Toys R Us and bought a new car seat for a baby boy. He was due October 9, which by the way just happens to be John Lennon's birthday. I was kinda excited about that. Anyway. We were in the process of moving back towards KY, still in Massachusetts. I had one more shift to work. Rick had been in KY and TN moving most of our stuff and dropping Val who was 4 years old (would be 5 in January) off at my mom's to stay while the new baby was born and we finished moving. Susan had been up there visiting and went back to BG a few days earlier, I think I only had a day or two alone between the time she left and Rick got home on Sunday. It was a Monday by the way. So back to the story, Rick went on to work, I tried to nap before I went to class then work. I stopped by Jack and Aurora's on the way so I took Route 30 to Route 9 which was a slightly different way to go to work. I was at a stop sign waiting to pull onto Route 9 and suddenly there was a jolt. My car lunged forward into oncoming traffic traveling at 65+ MPH. I steered quickly to the right shoulder out of the traffic, got the car stopped and turned around and pointed my finger at the driver behind me, hereafter known as Mr. Buzzard. I told him "that would be quite enough out of you!" I wanted to say more but that is all I said. You should have seen his face when I got out of my car to check the damage. When he saw I was quite pregnant, he panicked. I thought he was going to run. He got out of his truck, he said you're fine, your car is fine. I am leaving. I said, no you are not. Give me your keys and go call the law. He argued a few minutes but decided he wouldn't win, so he gave me his keys and called the law. Long story short, I wound up in the back of an ambulance headed to the hospital when all I wanted to do was wait for Rick to come take me to the hospital to be checked. The cop called in to work for me. I missed my birth class. I was released the next morning only to find out late that afternoon that I had an abruption of the placenta (which means the placenta has detached from the uterus wall, can be fatal for the baby). The Dr. said the abruption was small and if there were no symptoms, I could just come in at 6am. So, we did that, everything was fine and Nicholas Ryan Sanders was born at 1:45 or so in the afternoon by C-section. He weighed 8 pounds even and was 19 inches long. Can you imagine him that small? I was afraid to drive again for quite a while, but Rick helped me. He went with me and made me drive. And by the way, my car that wasn't hurt according to Mr. Buzzard was damaged more than the book value of the car, you couldn't tell it by looking unless you were trained to see it. And the good thing was I was able to move with Rick instead of having to stay in MA for a couple of weeks. He started his job in October on time at Saturn. :)

I hope each of you has a blessed Sunday and a great week ahead!

I love y'all!
To be continued..............

13 days until WVFD hay ride and Haunted House

36 days until Halloween...

60 Days until Thanksgiving!

91 days until Christmas Day!
Just in case you need updating.......

No comments:

Post a Comment