Thursday, September 8, 2011

"I like my mommy, her good"

In her soft toddler southern drawl Tobi just told me "I like my mommy, her good!" Through the eyes of a child! She is a good little girl most of the time! I just have a difficult time with a house full of babies sometimes. I'd like to put out "pretties" as my grandmother used to call them and have my things left alone. Unfortunately, because they are "pretties" the babies are drawn to them! So there go my decorations and everything else I like.

We had our first AACN meeting of the new fiscal year. It went very well. The speaker was excellent, she spoke on Sepsis and early detection markers. We are already using the lab test she spoke on. We also made some excellent plans for future meetings using "local talent" as speakers. The speaker's company provided a meal as well from Cambridge Market. It was yummy! (AACN is the American Association of Critical Care Nurses--the meeting I attended in Chicago in May was part of AACN--we have a local chapter.)

It has been an eventful week for us. The insurance adjuster came on Tuesday, things will be settled by the end of the week, and cleanup is going well. Elizabeth, I hope Austin's clothes aren't too bad?

I have been thinking about a lot of things about life etc, and I am trying to move forward. I have had a couple of dreams, and contemplating some issues. I believe everything will work out as it should.

I think this is about all for the night, I must go to sleep, working the next three days. Don't know when I will post again, maybe tomorrow night. We will see how the day goes, and as always, please remember your friends/neighbors/family in prayer, remember our country as we approach the ten year anniversary of one of the worst days in our country's history. I will never forget where I was and what I was doing on that awful day. The image of those towers with the smoke billowing out then the collapse of one then the other, then the other crashes and the heroism of the passengers of the remaining hijacked plane will always remain in my memory. It is not something I think about often anymore, but it is part of us. And it will always be that way. Remember those families who lost loved ones that day, and remember to be a little nicer to your own loved ones (I must remember this myself!) because we do not have the promise of tomorrow. Don't let the last words your loved ones hear be cruel. Sorry, did not mean to jump on that bandwagon, but I am not changing it either.

Also, I would ask you to remember my friend in your prayers. She lost her brother this week, and needs our support. She is a great friend.
John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
I love y'all!
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment