Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Fun

Today as I was sitting out on the front porch watching my friends, the hummingbirds, I got a call from my friend Sandy. She invited me up for a cookout on this Labor Day. It was a lot of good food and a really good time with dear friends who are like family. They have been there for everything we have been through for many years. And they are still there. If I called them at midnight, they would be there. There are others around who would too, and I would be there for them. No matter the time of day! And there was a sippy cup there, though it was Braden's, we had a fond memory of July 4th a few years ago.......

I came home to wild Indians! The babies were running wild, Livvy was asleep on the couch, and now they are asleep and Livvy is awake. Just like babies! Really, they aren't babies anymore, they are toddlers, I just call them the babies! Livvy can almost sit alone. She will be four months old tomorrow! Doesn't seem real!

I am sleepy, I haven't used my CPAP for the past two nights, been too stopped up, but I can use it tonight! The rain really helped.

It is a funny color outside right now! It is mostly cloudy and the sun is very low in the west. It is a yellowish color....I was going to take a picture and post it, but it doesn't show it as well.

Last night at church it was so obvious that the church called the right pastor! There was absolutely no doubt about it! He preached his heart and was almost walking on clouds! It was amazing! He read from John 15.

Today, we decided that on Sunday service, we will take turns for the next year bringing the preacher home. We will begin in October. I will be the first, and Redea in November and Sandy in December. We will Tonya has January and Connie has February, Gina had May, June is homecoming. We will present it to the other ladies and see who wants the remaining months. We will skip September because of the Edmonson Co. Singing Convention is that day and Redea's brother in law will be inducted posthumously into the Hall of Fame. He was a great singer!
John 15
5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
Well, I guess since I was so long winded yesterday, this will be the end of today's post. I hope y'all had a safe holiday weekend!

I love y'all!
To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment