Friday, January 14, 2011

Twenty five years ago today........

Twenty five years ago today this beautiful little girl came into our lives. She was so very precious. I don't know what happened to her! Just kidding Sissy! She joined us weighing in at 10 pounds 5 and 1/4 ounces. She was 22 inches long. She also arrived two and a half weeks late. She is rarely on time for anything. Haha! I don't know any more today about being a mom than I did back then. But, I do know there is nothing like the love of a child! Today, when Tobi says I love you too Gamma, it just melts my heart. She is so much like her mommy! Happy Birthday Valarie! Enjoy your life, enjoy your babies, get back into church, bring Brandon and bring those babies. They need to be hearing the word even at this young age. Keep up the good work on not smoking, you will soon have a week! I am proud of you.

This was Valarie at her Aunt Teresa's during Christmas 2008. It was a good day except it was her dad's next to last Christmas.

This is Valarie's birthday cake. Beth Miller makes the best cakes, they are beautiful and they taste good and they are very reasonably priced! I am so glad she is making cakes. We have bought cakes from her several times. Never had a bad one! Thanks Beth!

It is just nine days until the anniversary of the last day Rick was ever home. The closer it gets the more anxiety I feel. That probably has something to do with the increased heartburn I have lately.

Please remember those with serious illness and those who have lost loved ones in your prayers. Remember your friends and neighbors in your prayers as well. You never know what is going on behind the smiles.

I will leave you with this tonight:
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Prov 3:5-6
I love y'all.
To be continued............

No comments:

Post a Comment