Monday, January 10, 2011

Ever get too tired to sleep?

That is how I feel right now! It was another busy day at work! I guess that is what work is for though - to be busy! That is what they pay me for! I do wish I had a magic wand that I could make everyone well. Friends of mine have seriously ill family members, saw their posts on facebook. I wish I could make them well for them, too! And I do it all over again tomorrow!

Ran into an old friend of Rick's today. He had not heard about Rick's illness or death. He remembered me and asked about Ricky. I told him he'd passed away. I could tell it made him very uncomfortable. He felt bad that he didn't know. I told him it was OK. And I didn't cry when I told him about it. I was proud of myself for that! I didn't intend to post anything tonight, so tired, but then I felt the need to write a little.

Been doing a little cooking lately. Made 2 chocolate pies and took to work the other day. Homemade crust and all, no mixes, one pie was gone before lunch! The other didn't make it to 3pm! They were pretty good. Then over the weekend I made fudge. It was pretty good too!

This picture below is of the home made chocolate fudge made the old fashioned way no marshmallow creme in this stuff. Sugar, cocoa powder, dash of salt, milk butter and vanilla.....cook and stir to soft ball stage then cool and beat until it looses its gloss, took forty five minutes or so to finish but it was worth every second!
And this picture is of about 100 of the 100's and 100's of blackbirds that were in my yard on Sunday! They flew in and wanted to eat all my bird seed! Nick shot the shotgun in the air about 3 times, scared them away, unfortunately to Chris and Megans' across the field, so he shot again and they went farther down their road towards 1749. Hope they went on to Butler Co.!
Tobi and Perry were so excited to see the birds! They don't understand that this type of bird can make you sick.

Histoplasmosis is caused by a fungus (Histoplasma capsulatum
) can be found in roosting areas of many birds including the blackbird. Another bird that carries that disease is the pigeon.

I can't say I have ever seen a case of Histoplasmosis, but I do know it can make you almost as sick as TB can. Serious illness! Take care and run off those birds......but keep them going away from us, not towards us!

I do have a couple of bird feeders, I like to feed the red birds and finches. Unfortunately, the blue jays and city birds are around too. They will all have to share!

Psalm 9
King James Version


1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works.
2I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.

Psalm 25
King James Version


1 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.

2O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.

3Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

4Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

5Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

6Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy loving kindnesses; for they have been ever of old.

7Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

8Good and upright is the LORD: therefore will he teach sinners in the way.


I love the Psalms, did I say that yet? I love y'all! I hope everyone has a blessed week. Remember in prayer those who have illness in their families. Remember in prayer those you love. You don't know what they might be going through and don't show it. Remember in prayer your friends and neighbors. Remember who your neighbors are!

To be continued...........



No comments:

Post a Comment