Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Come on Spring!

So, I am looking forward to spring arriving! But there are many mixed feelings about it. March 6, which is technically still winter, though around here the weather has begun to warm and though we have had some of our most intense ice storms in March, most of the time spring has arrived. The "March Lillies" aka jonquils or daffodils have begun to bloom, crocus has bloomed, grape hyacinths have bloomed. The snowball bush has budded and begins to get heavy with pods. Forsythia has begun to show itself....all signs of the "life" yet to come. But March has dread with it as well for March 6 is the day we lost Rick. He would have his potatoes in the ground as early in March as he could. He loved his garden. One time, he went to the Amish and bought corn already sprouted in a tray and planted it just to "get" Norman. Rick, Bobbie Joe and Norman has an unspoken contest as to who could get the first tomato and the first corn. They would take their "firsts" to the others to show off. The year he got the corn, it was about 4 or 5 inches high and Norman came by on his 4 wheeler and went straight up to the store. He told Keith, "I said that Ricky done has corn this high" measuring for Keith with his hands. We laughed and laughed over that. Rick did fess up about it though. So maybe this year with the one year anniversary of Rick's death, maybe I can start to heal. If not, then bear with me (or don't I'm gonna do what is best for me). And maybe facing these things and remembering the good times will help!

Last winter and this one as well have been colder than most and more snow than most. I had forgotten how much snow we can have in a season! And they say we have global warming. I don't see it! I miss my 45 degree January days! Most of my life the winter is mild enough I don't have to drag out that stupid coat (sorry coat). I hate to be confined by a coat. I'd rather have a light jacket or sweater. Humm. Come on warmer temps! I am equally as sure when the heat comes in July and August we will be missing some cooler days as we have now! Last January and February, we had lots of snow. Rick was in the hospital and I was with him. Robbie and Connie took me home so I could shower and change more than once because of the snow! I don't know what we would have done without our friends!

This year spring will arrive Saturday, March 20, at approximately midnight is the official first day of spring for 2010 in the Northern Hemisphere (Vernal Equinox).
A little geography lesson:
In spring, the axis of the Earth is increasing its tilt toward the Sun and the length of daylight rapidly increases for the relevant hemisphere. The hemisphere begins to warm significantly causing new plant growth to "spring forth," giving the season its name. Snow, if a normal part of winter, begins to melt, and streams swell with runoff. Frosts, if a normal part of winter, become less severe. Temperate climates have no snow and rare frosts, the air and ground temperature increases more rapidly. Many flowering plants bloom this time of year, in a long succession sometimes beginning even if snow is still on the ground, continuing into early summer. In normally snowless areas "spring" may begin as early as February (Northern Hemisphere) heralded by the blooming of deciduous magnolias, cherries, and quince.
I hope y'all have a great rest of the week and a fabulous weekend coming up! Remember your friends and neighbors in your prayers. Please do pray. They sang a song tonight at prayer meeting about I Want My Lord to be Satisfied With Me and if I had to answer that as a question right now, I would have to say he would not be satisfied with me, but I know what I need to do to get to the point where He would be!

I could thank God every second of every minute of every hour of every day and still I would not have thanked Him enough for all His many blessings.

I will leave you with this tonight:
So Much To Thank Him For

1)
When I look around and see,
the good things, He's done for me,
I know, I'm unworthy of them all.
But His blessings, He freely gives,
I owe my life to Him,
I've got so much to thank Him for.

CHO:
I've got so much to thank Him for,
so much to praise Him for,
you see, He's been so good to me.
And when I think of all He's done,
and where He's brought me from,
I've got so much to thank Him for.

2)
And each day, while I'm on my way,
I kneel, I just stop to say,
thank you. For all you've done for me.
And some day when I reach heaven's shore,
oh please let me kneel once more,
I've got so much to thank Him for.
repeat chorus
I love y'all!

To be continued..............

No comments:

Post a Comment