Thursday, January 27, 2011

So I am asking for y'all to say a prayer again.....

So today at the OB appointment Valarie was told that baby Evelyn (I still want Olivia) has a Choroid plexus cyst. Now, this may well be nothing (which I believe) or it may mean that baby Evelyn has Down Syndrome. Some babies with Trisomy 18 (genetic condition that causes Down Syndrome) have one or more of these cysts; however, many other babies have these cysts and have nothing wrong AND there are many babies with Down Syndrome that have NONE of these cysts. I believe that will be the case with Evelyn. She didn't say anything about any other abnormalities like with her heart or with her hands or feet which are usually deformed with Down Syndrome. Valarie will undergo another ultrasound in a couple of weeks. I assume this is to look for other signs of Down Syndrome. If Evelyn has this condition, we will just deal with it. Many people with this are highly functioning and able to live independently. Some are not. We will not speculate that she has it until we know she does. And if she does, she will be loved. And if she does not, she will be loved.
You can Google Choroid plexus cyst if you would like more information.

Wikipedia says:

Choroid plexus cysts (CPCs) are cysts that occur within choroid plexus of the brain. The brain contains pockets or spaces called ventricles with a spongy layer of cells and blood vessels called the choroid plexus. This is in the middle of the fetal brain. The choroid plexus has the important function of producing a fluid called cerebrospinal fluid. The fluid produced by the cells of the choroid plexus fills the ventricles and then flows around the brain and the spinal cord to provide a cushion of fluid around these structures.

CPCs can form within this structure and come from fluid trapped within this spongy layer of cells, much like a soap bubble or a blister. CPCs are often called "soft signs" or fetal ultrasound "markers" because some studies have found a weak association between CPCs and fetal chromosome abnormalities.

It is believed that many adults have one or more tiny CPCs.[1] CPCs have no impact on an individual's health or development or learning. The fetal brain may create these cysts as a normal part of development. They are temporary and usually are gone by the 32nd week of pregnancy.

I would ask that you say a prayer for Valarie, Brandon and baby Evelyn. Please ask for calming and comfort for Valarie. She worries more than I do. She has cried over half of the day. Her nerves are shot.

That still, small voice that I know to be God still says "trust Me" and I do. I will trust in Him for as long as I have the ability to do so.

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I [am] God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth



Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

These verses give me peace. I love the Psalms. I love the Lord.

I love y'all.
To be continued...........




No comments:

Post a Comment