Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sleepless in WIngfield!

So I was just looking through pictures today. This is one of the only family portraits we ever had made, and I "won" the sitting fee. Valarie was about 15 months old when this was taken. About the same age as Perry Dale is right now. This was taken just before Rick moved to Massachusetts to work for GM in 1987. It was also taken about 3 and a half years before Nick had come along. I had just had the first miscarriage about 4 or 5 months prior to this picture and had finally come to terms with it.

This picture was taken over Easter the next year. It was at one of his sister's house. I think it was at Melinda's. We had been living in Massachusetts about a year at that time, at least he had. He went in March and I went in June/July. Can't remember exactly. I know I had my gall bladder out mid June and we moved when I had been out of the hospital only about 3 weeks or so. It was also the weekend that my high school class had our 10 year reunion. I was half way to MA the day of the dinner so I didn't get to go. I have been to the others though.
This picture was one he was so very proud of. Our daughter graduating from high school. She looks really enthused doesn't she! But look how proud her daddy was! She was 19 years old. I wonder if the tumor was there then? Look how tan he was already. It was just May. He had already finished one crop of cabbage by this point and had other things planted. Gardening was his pride as well!
This picture is from one of the last Sunday morning breakfasts he was able to be at.....so it was about a year or so ago. He actually looks pretty good in this picture.
And I have Tonya Lynn to thank for this wonderful picture of me! Look out Tonya, you are not out of the woods yet, I didn't know you took this shot! This is New Years Eve just before midnight. We were in Sandy's kitchen singing. (Not that I can sing, I have more James, Pierce, Bird, Brooks, Stice or something than Childress when it comes to singing!)


I am not the only one in this house not sleeping tonight. It is almost 1am and Tobi Rose is still wide awake and going strong! She has played with my cell phone, she can play angry birds, though she shoots the bird the wrong way most of the time. She also can play bejeweled a little, she can get about a thousand points, not bad for a two year old! I do wish she would go to sleep though.

Today was just one of those days when I really didn't want to do anything! And I didn't! I have off one more day, then back to work. I will have do at least do some laundry tomorrow!

I will leave you with this:


Psalms 25

1 Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul.
2 O my God, I trust in thee:
let me not be ashamed,
let not mine enemies triumph over me.
3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed:
let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
4 Show me thy ways, O LORD;
teach me thy paths.
5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation;
on thee do I wait all the day.
6 Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy loving-kindnesses;
for they have been ever of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:
according to thy mercy remember thou me
for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.

I love the beautiful Songs of King David! Rick was reading the Psalms when he went to the hospital the last time.

I love y'all!

To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment