Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thoughts on life

So, I was just thinking about things, and reviewing all the previous posts. Today at work I was reminded about things that are really important in life. God, family, friends.....all those should come first. And in that order. God should be number one in everyone's life. Period. End of story. If He is not number one, then all the other "stuff" won't really matter anyway, and it may not even exist. God has to come first. That is how it is meant to be. When God was not first in my life, there were problems after problems. As soon as I let God be God and let Him lead me, then those problems went away. I am not telling you my life is perfect. It is not. But it is so much better with me out of the way! Try that way of life, you will find life means so much more. You may use the excuse, well God leads your life and He took your husband from you. I do not know God's plan for me and my family; but HE does! And while some may think that my loss was harm, I am sure God has plans that included all of us, including Rick, my co-workers, friends and family, all of us to experience everything we went through. What reason you may ask? All I can say is some day we will all understand. Rick always said if he lived to 60 he would consider himself lucky. The Lord let him see his 62nd birthday. What a blessing!

JOSHUA 24:15 "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.'

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11

We are all born to die. Period. That is how this thing works. Some leave us sooner than others. I really wish none of us ever had to experience the things we do, but then where would we be? If not for trials, then how could we know victory? While I was hurt, and still have a large hole in my heart that will never completely heal, I am not "harmed" just part of life that we all go through at one time or another. I still have a future and I still have a hope. And though Rick is not part of that on earth, he is waiting for me. I am not writing this to make anyone cry or be upset about anything. I am reminding all of us, myself included, that there are more important things to think about. And getting back to where I need to be between myself and God is first on my list. It may take me a while, but I will get back there!

The two babies you see to your left and above are our grandbabies. This photo was taken after Rick's tumor was found but before it was removed. This is a copy of the photo that I put in a frame that says "Our Grandchildren" on it. This photo was at Rick's bedside the whole time he was in Baptist Hospital. All he had to do was look over at it and he could see his baby girl. She loved her papaw with all her heart!

I love you all!

To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment